Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby B is One!

My sweet little blue eyed baby turned one yesterday. I know every mother says this, but I can hardly believe how fast the time flies. It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital.

CIMG0419

CIMG0433

bridgetsmiling

Now she is crawling at lightening speed, pulling up and cruising along furniture, and just starting to stand for brief moments on her own. She has an infectious laugh and a coy smile. Her eyes sparkle with mischievousness. She babbles constantly (I wonder where she gets that from) and says Ma-ma, Da-da, Hi, and A-da (all done.) She waves and knows the signs for more, all done, and milk.

CIMG2275

2010.07.04.Beach.Vacation 070 

I am going to toot my own horn for a minute. Baby B and I have made it one full year of nursing! She is still nursing three to five times a day and showing no signs of slowing down. Part of me is ready to stop, but the other part remembers how much I missed it when I weaned Miss H. So we are going to stick with it for the time being.

Earlier this year, I posted about Baby B's weight gain, or lack there-of. This continues to be something that we are watching with her doctor. At her 9 month well check (which was actually at 10 months) she had fallen from the 3rd percentile to below the chart. In the last six weeks she has gained 1.5 lbs and is creeping back up to the chart again.

Our pediatrician has been very laid back about this situation because she is making developmental gains and her length and head continue to grow well. She's just a skinny baby who had a hard time adjusting to solid food.

I am still getting comments (almost daily and usually from strangers) about how small she is. I have learned to take it in stride and say, "Yup, she's my little munchkin!" I would love to say that it doesn't hurt as much as it used to, but it actually does. I don't understand why some people think it is okay to comment on babies sizes, small or large. They wouldn't do that to an adult, right?

Anyhow, Baby B is getting bigger. I feel like I shouldn't call her Baby B on my blog anymore. I am looking for ideas if anyone has any, let me know!

On another note, I hope you like my new, simplified blog design. I felt the need to pare down a little bit to go along with my new laid-back blogging lifestyle. What do you think?

Make it a great day friends. I'm off to cultivate those rosebuds....

Erin

5 comments:

Liz Mays said...

She's such a precious girl! Happy 1st birthday to your dumpling!

Jenn said...

Congrats! And Happy Birthday to your little one!

I'm afraid I'm guilty of commenting on babies sizes. Probably because my little girl was small and had trouble gaining weight too ... it always intrigues me to compare babies. But, I never think anything is wrong! I actually love how different kids are ... hope you find some peace and resolution for your situation.

For us, it just took the introduction of solids. My kid loves to eat from a spoon! She's still teeny though. lol ...

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Cute kids!

Unknown said...

Awww! I love her!!

Hope she had a fabulous first birthday, honey!

Judy@grammyreads.com said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, people even comment about weight to adults. Ask my thin daughter and not so thin hubby. I suggested your blog to my readers this week over at Grammy Reads. Hope they give you a visit like I do from time to time. Glad to see all are happy!