Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More than a Mommy group

I have been feeling drained the last few weeks. Drained physically, mentally, and emotionally. I feel like I work from sun up to sun down (and beyond!) non-stop. Making and feeding meals, dishes, laundry, diaper changes, cleaning the house, playing with the kids, reading books, going on outings, and more. I have sewing projects and blogging projects that I want to work on, but there is absolutely NO time during the day. I am lucky if I can log on to the computer to check my email for 5 minutes, much less write an intelligent blog post.

In addition to being tired, I feel isolated. Being alone with two kids under four all day every day leaves me longing for adult interaction. I know I am not alone either. I know there are so many other moms out there who feel the same way I do.

Something that I have really been missing since we moved to Big Town Suburbia, Florida, is a good group of like-minded Moms. I have mentioned before that I am not a "mommy-group" type of person, and that is true. What I am missing is something more than a Mommy group.

When we lived in North Carolina, I belonged to a Women's Bible Study that happened to be comprised of mostly women with young children. It was such a blessing in my life to be able to have some adult conversation and learn more about my faith on a weekly basis. Since we have moved, I have not been able to find such a group.

This past Sunday, I found a flyer in our church bulletin for a new Mom's group that is forming. It is called Moms PLUS (Providing Love Understanding and Support.) How great is that! Anyway, tonight was the organizational meeting and I met some fabulous other moms from our church. They are planning to have a monthly program along with weekly playdates, a Bible study, and the occasional Moms Night Out.

It was only a one hour meeting, and yet, I feel completely refreshed. I hope and I pray that this group will be a source of fun and friendship for me on a weekly basis. Having time to renew myself is so important. I know this and yet it is a continual struggle for me to set aside time for myself. A New Year's Resolution for 2011, perhaps? Sounds good to me!

5 comments:

Kmama said...

Yay for finding a group! I hope it's all you hope and want it to be.

Jess said...

That sounds great, ER! Good luck. :)

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

That is wonderful. It's nice when you are around women that regardless of personal preferences you can relate on spiritual and 'mommy' levels!
I have a great home fellowship I enjoy too and I have found that my Macaroni Kid endeavors have had me connect with my community in a way I never had before.
Enjoy being refreshed!
Bree

Cheryl said...

I hope this group works out for you and that 2011 is less isolating. *hugs*

Unknown said...

I'm glad you found a group that provides you with positive, adult interaction. That's great!

Hopefully 2011 will bring good things as well. Hi from a fellow Blogmania member--

http://www.caringforourblessings.com/