Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Resolutions Review

How in the world did it get to be December 29th already? This year, even when it seemed to be dragging, has absolutely flown by me. I took a minute to look back at some of my posts from last December, and to revisit the New Year's Resolutions I made in January. Let's review, shall we?

  • Run a 5K by my birthday (March 30)<--- Didn't happen

    • And really, what was I thinking? I hate, no - abhor, running, so what made me think that I could hop on a treadmill three times a week and somehow love it?

  • Learn how to use my new sewing machine<---Success!

    • I did learn how to use my sewing machine, even if it was only a rudimentary knowledge.

  • Make something with my new sewing skills<---Success!

    • This year I actually sewed my sister a Storytime Tote Blanket for her Christmas present. I can't believe how much I've learned and I can't wait to do more!

  • Read one book for leisure per month<---Success!

    • According to my Goodreads count, I read 12 books in 2010! Definitely an improvement over last year, and I am going to have to up my game for 2011.

  • Spend more time studying Sacred Scripture and in quiet prayer<---Not as much as I would have liked.

  • Make homemade baby food for Baby B<----Success

    • What with the feeding and growth issues, I did make homemade baby food for Lil' B, if only to add baby fatteners like butter and flax oil. I didn't exclusively make her food, but I made a lot of it.

  • Increase my presence in the blogosphere<----Sort of.

    • This year has been and up and down blog year for me. I started out strong, but wavered over the summer. I have started coming back over the fall and am looking forward to a reemergence in 2011!

Those were some of my goals for 2010, but my main resolution was for Balance and Flexibility. I'm going to give myself a satisfactory overall grade here. I failed miserably with the whole Balance thing this year. I keep falling back into my old habits of spending all my time on one of my goals, that I forget to balance my life with all the other hobbies that I enjoy. Where I recovered a bit is when I realized that I can't do it all. I cut myself some slack and gave up some things, one of which was being a frequent blogger. And that is okay.

So, I claim 2011 as my do-over. That's right, we're going for Balance and Flexibility all over again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, right? Some of my detailed goals are:

  • Bible Study - This goal should have been on the top of the list last year. I need to spend a few quiet minutes every morning reading a devotional and doing some Scripture study.
  • Marriage - With Mr. Rose traveling as much as he was last year, we really didn't get as much alone time as I would like. So, next year, we are going to focus on going on at least one date a month.
  • Exercise - I must go to the gym AT LEAST twice a week. I really want to go three times a week, but we're going for balance and flexibility here people. If I get there three times a week, groovy.
  • Saving - My newest and latest thing is coupons. My husband has always been a coupon clipper, but I haven't really embraced the whole, use a coupon thing. But seriously, those things can save you a ton of money if you know how to use them. So, I resolve to be a coupon clipper and user.
  • Blogging - three times a week. I am going to be working on my writing this year, and using this blog as my outlet. Blog Visiting and commenting, one to two times per week. PS - if you have a Facebook page, let me know. I'm a facebook fanatic and I'm finding that when blogs that I "like" on facebook show up in my news feed, I am more able to check them out.
  • Reading - I'm going to go for 18 books next year. That's a 50% increase over this year, so it will be a challenge, but I think I'm up for it.
  • Sewing - I want to take a couple of sewing classes this year and try to make some clothes for the girls.

So what do you think? Are balance and flexibility going to be my friends in 2010? Here's hoping!

Erin

3 comments:

Shell said...

I think you did great with your resolutions and have reasonable goals for the upcoming year! You can do it!

Unknown said...

I'll bet 2011 is your year! You can do it!

http://www.caringforourblessings.com/

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the success of your 2010 goals! I'm still working on that whole balance thing myself. Love your goals for the new year. Best of luck with them, and have a wonderful 2011! <3