Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Bit About Me

How do I start this? I have no idea what you would like to know about me, so I'm just going to ramble. Sorry.

I love my family. I dearly love my husband who is patience to my temper, reason to my crazy, thrift to my urge to spend. He is an awesome Dad to our two girls and he works really hard to make sure that I can continue to be a stay at home Mom.

I am very close to my parents and my sister and brother. I talk to my family just about every day, even if it's for no reason at all. My sister is without a doubt my best friend. I feel so blessed to have such a loving family.

I am addicted to stories. When I find a really good story, be it in a book, television show, or movie, I find myself physically unable to pull myself away until I have finished it. Recently I read the book Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I couldn't put it down. Literally. I read the whole book in two days. I have to really watch that this addiction doesn't cause me to neglect my children.

Books that I love include Pride and Prejudice (I could read it over and over), Gone with the Wind, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Harry Potter Series, Twilight, anything by Dorothea Benton Frank, and anything by Pat Conroy (especially Lords of Discipline and Beach Music).

Television. I seriously love some TV time. My favorite shows as of right now are Grey's Anatomy, Glee, Heroes, and V. I actually used to watch V as a small child with my Dad and now we are so excited that it is back.

Right after Baby B was born, the only way she would sleep was if she was laying on me. One day, I discovered an NCIS marathon on USA network. Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE that show! I can't get enough of it. I have 6 seasons to catch up on so I DVR it everyday and watch it when I can. Everytime I watch it I feel like I am part of Gibbs' team trying to find the bad guy and hanging out with my buds Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Tony DiNozzo, Ziva, McGee, and Abby. I seriously wish that I were friends with these people. Gee, that sounds a little lame.

I wish I were a crafty person. I could walk through Michael's and JoAnn's all day long just looking at the beautiful things that people can create. I'm just not that girl. I actually asked for a sewing machine for Christmas so that I can try to learn how to do something productive. Sometimes I get these ideas of things that I want to learn how to do, and then I don't ever follow through.

I need to get my hiney back in the gym. I LOVE exercising. Body Pump is my particular favorite, even when it makes my body hurt. The reason I haven't been back since the baby was born is because I am seriously paranoid that she will catch some evil virus. Her doctor assures me that she is more likely to get sick from something Miss H might bring home from school with her, but still. I'm paranoid. What can I say. But I am definitely going to go back after the first of the year. Promise, promise, promise.

I am a cradle Catholic, which means that I was born and raised in the Catholic Church. I haven't always understood what that means, but in the last few years I have been delving deeper into the Catholic faith. The more I learn, the more I love being a part of the Catholic Church. I find my faith tested on a daily basis, but I keep on moving forward.

I am a silly girl. My best friend came to visit me this summer and we sat on the couch telling old stories from high school and just giggled. The same thing happens with my sister. When we aren't talking in movie quotes, "What's with today, today?", we are just plain being silly.

That's all I can think of for now. If you want to learn more about me and my crazy life, keep reading this blog.

Blog you later!

Erin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stopping by to say Hi from SItS. I am a convert to Catholicism myself. I love Glee and the Harry Potter series. My oldest is a girl (nearly 15) and I have a son (11). My sisters mean the world to me. I think we have a lot in common. I plan to follow you. Feel free to stop over at my place and hang awhile. I'll put a fresh pot of coffee on!