Thursday, December 10, 2009

Princess Rosebud

I would like to introduce you to Princess Rosebud. That is my nickname for my firstborn as of now, but I'm not sure that I like it. The reason I picked that is because she is totally and completely princess crazy. My husband has always called her Sweet Pea, so maybe that would be better. Sweet Pea Rosebud? What do you think?

Anywho, I digress. This little lady is nearly three years old, and I am having a very hard time wrapping my brain around that fact. She is more little girl and less baby everyday and it is SERIOUSLY FREAKING ME OUT. She says things like, "I have an idea!" and "Mommy, I paint now, pwease?" When did she start speaking in complete sentences?

Back to the princess thing. About a year and half ago, I began introducing my daughter to the library of Disney movies that I had accumulated over my 30 some odd years. We started with Mary Poppins and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and have moved on to just about any princess movie we can get our hands on. I have to say, in the beginning, this was a dream come true for me. I grew up watching Disney movies and every time I hear Ariel sing "Part of Your World," I feel like I am visiting an old friend.

But now I have created a monster.

Everyday, it's another Disney movie. Or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. When one movie is over, I inevitably hear, "More movies!" It is very easy to just let her watch movies all day, but I know that isn't good for her. So I try and break up the day and limit the amount of time she spends in front of the tube.

She has a set of seven Disney princess figurines that she plays with constantly. When you ask her what she wants Santa to bring for Christmas, the answer is "Castles and Princess dolls." Got it.

So that's my girlie. I'll have to firm up the nickname in the next few days. Let me know if you have any ideas!!

Erin

No comments: