Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out - Week 3

Today I am linking up with another one of my best blogging buddies, Shell, from Things I Can't Say. Have you met Shell? She is the bestest! On Wednesdays, Shell likes to pour her heart out. Sometimes it is serious, sometimes it is funny, everytime it is cathartic and cleansing.





Yesterday was my 32nd birthday and I really started thinking about how I am not getting any younger. I am starting to get a few laugh lines on my face and around my eyes, and my triceps are beginning to resemble wings. I took my measurements the other day and compared them to measurements I had taken just over four years ago right before our wedding. Ouch.




So, today I am recommitting myself to some of my New Year's Resolutions and making some new ones.




Taking Care of Me:




  1. My Body - I only have this one body that God gave me and dagnabit I need to take care of it! I have five to ten pounds that I could stand to lose. More than just losing the weight, I need to exercise! Finding the time is the challenge, so today I am restarting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. The mistake I made a couple of weeks ago with this was doing it everyday, which my body just can't handle right now. I am going to commit to doing it every other day for a month. Then we will reassess and go from there.




  2. My Skin - I have to admit to myself and accept that I am now IN MY THIRTIES. My skin is losing the elasticity of my youth and I need to take care of it! My worst mistake I think is not washing and moisturizing my face at night, so I am committing to start doing this today.




  3. My Sanity - I need to make sure that I am getting my time to myself. I have been doing a better job of that the past couple of weeks, but I need to make sure that I get a little bit of Mommy time everyday.




  4. My Marriage - In my opinion, Mr. Rose and I have a great marriage, but I want to make sure that it is even better. We have not been good at making time for each other, so we are going to start going on at least two dates a month. Our marriage is the foundation of our family, so for Miss H and Baby B's sakes, we need to take this time to ourselves.




There you have it. I need to take better care of myself and I am going to ask you to keep me accountable. At the end of every month I will post and update on how I am doing with these goals. Thanks for listening to me ramble today friends!



Erin



8 comments:

Kmama said...

Good for you. I hope that you're able to do everything you want!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you had a great one and yes - this is the time of my life where I have really started thinking about SELF improvement - not just my family. You go girl - you are doing great!!!!

:)

Holly

Shell said...

Those are great goals to have! I need to do most them, too. Okay, ALL of them. I'm really bad at falling asleep at night w/o taking care of my face. I'm too tired.

Good luck!

Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Erin! I love these. And 32?? You're just a baby. :) Good luck!

April said...

I feel ya! I am waning on much needed discipline though! Stopping by from SITS.

Unknown said...

I love it, Erin! I couldn't agree with you more.

I am doing exercising--running, yard work {like raking, shoveling, etc}. Maybe I should start the Shred again?

I told Leo we need to go on a date...ugh. He never seems to want to :(

xo

Messy Mommy said...

Awesome goals!!! A marriage can never be too good in my opinion! Best wishes!

Cheryl said...

Taking care of you is so important, no matter how young you are. Good for you, birthday twin!