Saturday, May 8, 2010

Playing catch-up

Phew! What a week it has been!! Last Saturday I packed up two cars, two kids, two additional adults, and a cat and started the trek back home. For the past four months I have been staying with my parents while my dear husband was traveling for work. It was definitely the right decision, but I was so ready to get back home.

The trip went great. Baby B slept a little and played quietly *most* of the time. Miss H watched her movies and didn't have any potty accidents on the road which was something I was extremely anxious about. We drove halfway on Saturday and spent the night in a hotel. Part of the sleeping arrangements were for Miss H to sleep in the big bed with me. This has never been attempted before.

We laid down at 8pm and it was nearly 10 before she fell asleep. She was whispering to herself and pretending to be Princess Tiana. After she finally fell asleep, I managed to drift off as well until about 11:15 when I heard..... THUMP. I sat straight up and looked around. Sure enough, Miss H was on the floor...and still asleep! She fell out of the bed and didn't even wake up. Mid-way through the night I managed to transfer her to the pack and play and bring Baby B into bed with me. A fun night was had by all, let me tell you!

On Sunday, we finished the drive and arrived home to what would be Miss H's second Christmas in five months. She was so excited to see all her "new" toys that she forgot about using the bathroom. We had a few accidents the first few days home, but now seem to be back on track, thank goodness!

Baby B is now sleeping in her own room in her big crib for the first time in her entire life. I let her fall asleep on her own, which took 10 or so minutes of crying the first few times, and now she is taking two naps a day and sleeping mostly through the night. By mostly, I mean there is some fussing at times, but she gets herself back to sleep, and I am still nursing her around 4 am. Trust me, I am NOT complaining. We have had a long road with her sleep issues and I am so glad that things seem to have settled down.

During this past week we have been getting settled in. Miss H is back at school two days a week, and I am getting back to the gym. There was major unpacking and organizing accomplished as well as grocery and sundries shopping.

I think the thing about this week that has been the biggest shock to me is how happy I am just to be in my own house. I absolutely LOVED being with my parents and was sad to leave them, but there is just a peace within me now that wasn't there before.

The best part of the whole week was yesterday evening around 6:30 pm watching my daughter run into the arms of her Daddy. She gave him a big hug and put her head down on his shoulder. He gave me a big hug and a kiss and "bonked" Baby B on the nose. It was a wonderful reunion and it is pure bliss having my family back together in one place again.

I am truly blessed this Mother's Day weekend and I hope all of you are as happy as I am today and everyday.



Shell said...

That has to feel so nice, to be back home and to have your husband be home, too!

blueviolet said...

I'm so glad everyone is back together again!!! There really is NO place like home!

bbcd mama said...

I can't believe she rolled out of bed and stayed asleep! I bet you are a new woman with getting more sleep overnight.

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! To have your whole family back together at home again. What a wonderful Mothers Day present. :)

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Happy MOther's Day.

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

That sounds like a great reunion other than the whole Miss H falling out of bed thing, LOL!

Kmama said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're home and all back together again as a family!