Thursday, January 6, 2011

Adventures in diaper changes

Do you ever change your kid's diaper and think what in the world did they eat that could make that foulness? I had a diaper mystery this week that I'm sure plenty of other moms out there can relate to, but it totally freaked me out.

Tuesday morning I headed to the gym (YAY!) for my morning workout. Miss H was at school and I dropped Lil' B at the nursery. She was especially unhappy about being left this particular morning, but I let them know where I would be and to come get me if anything happened. After my workout, I picked her up and the babysitter told me that she had changed her diaper. She said, "You might want to check it. I'm not sure if I got it all the way clean. And...it was green."

I took her straight to the locker room to check the diaper, got her cleaned up a bit more and then noticed that her bottom appeared to have been stained green, like with green food coloring. I racked my brain for anything she could have eaten over the past few days that would have had green dye or food coloring in it. Nada. It was so weird.

Fast forward to bathtime. Lil' B is happily playing in the water while I clean up the bathroom. All of a sudden she looks up at me and gives me the dreaded cry, "Poo poos!, Poo poos!" Oh yeah baby, she totally pooed in the bathtub.

And it is green. Like Kermit the Frog green. And I have finally figured out the culprit of the green poo.




Source
Yes, my kid is the kid who eats play-doh. Gross amounts of play-doh, apparently, as evidenced by the amount of green poo in my bathtub. How in the world could she have eaten that much? Was there a play-doh buffet at the nursery at church on Sunday? Literally, the amount of play-doh that I saw was enough to fill her entire mouth, plus whatever was in the diaper change in the morning. I can just picture her stealing a jar of play-doh and hiding in the corner eating away at it. Yuck!

6 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

No offense but I often skip the baby diapering stories on blogs...my kids are 16 and 21 so I have heard and seen it. Glad to be past it. Your title intrigued me...

Loved the line play doh buffet .... maybe tomorrow she can at least switch it up and poo blue. Red would be worrying.

Good luck.xx

Unknown said...

:P YUCK! Makes me remember a few less than savory things I found in diapers years gone by.

Kmama said...

Ick. I hate those mystery diaper changes, where you rack your brain trying to think of anything and everything your child ate.

As gross as it is, I'm glad it was something safe like play doh though!

Unknown said...

I can distinctly remember learning the meaning of "non-toxic" from the play-doh containers. I was probably about 4. Sounds like Little Miss is just precocious! :)

Liz Mays said...

That is so funny! She's going to grow up and love salty snacks!

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

SO FUNNY! Gosh poo is the topic often in our house too..how intimately involved with our kids we are--so funny. Love it and so glad you figure it out! Have a great weekend!