Yesterday in my Bible study, I read about the power of small things that have big consequences. Our days are a series of small moments, some happy, some frustrating, some sad, some joyful, some just downright depressing. So I started thinking - what are the small moments throughout my day that make me happy?
- Getting up early to take a shower and get dressed - in silence.
- Spending my first few moments awake studying God's Word.
- Good morning hugs and snuggles from my girls.
- Hearing the coffee brew and waiting with anticipation for it to be done. Then, taking the first sip.
- Singing singing along with the radio with Miss H on the way to school.
- Watching the girls talk to and play with each other.
- Discovering that Lil' B knows a new word.
- Reading to my girls and finding that Miss H is reading right along with me.
- Getting Lil' B to eat something new (and full of calories!)
- Connecting with friends on Twitter and Facebook.
- Making new friends on Twitter and discovering new blogs.
- Being silly and making the girls laugh.
- The moment when my husband comes walking through the door and two little pairs of feet run through the hallway calling, "Daddy! Dada!" Melts my heart every time.
- Toasting Lil' B's sippy cup with my water glass at her insistence, "Cheers!"
- Helping a friend.
- Talking to my sister.
- Relaxing with my husband.
Motherhood is full of drudgery: laundry, dishes, diaper changes, cleaning. Oftentimes, I lose sight of the little moments throughout my day that fill my heart with joy. Simply by reflecting on this and identifying some of those moments, I feel renewed and full of love.
What are some of your happy moments? I hope your day is filled with them!