Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Girls can be tough, too!

It is no secret that my Rosebuds are princesses. They love to wear dresses with ribbons and bows and glass slippers. But every once in awhile they are in the mood for something different. Lil' B is obsessed with birds and animals of every kind. Miss H likes to point out fancy cars and motorcycles and construction equipment while we are driving. Dinosaur Train on PBS Kids is one of their favorite cartoons.

Have you ever tried to find a t-shirt for a Dino Diva? Or how about a "girlified" construction digger? I've never seen one...until now! One of my dearest friends Kathryn has a daughter, V, who loves some non-girly things, but she could never find cute clothes depicting these topics with girly colors like pink and purple. So she started her own online shop, Girlified Designs, to create t-shirts and onesies for "girly girls who like things a little tough."

Smiley Snake T-shirt
How adorable is that little cutie wearing her Smiley Snake shirt with pride! Kathryn also has designs with a Digger, a Dino Diva (my personal favorite), and Sporty Car. If you have a little lady in your life who would sport these designs with style and a little toughness, check out Kathryn's Girlified Designs. 

Disclaimer: Kathryn is one of my best friends and we have known each other since 8th grade. We were in each other's weddings and see each other several times a year despite living 9 hours apart. She is an #ALLCAPSAWESOME friend, and an amazing mom. Given that, this review is my honest and open opinion of her store. I was gifted one shirt for each of my girls by Kathryn which you could consider compensation for this post or simply one friend being nice to another. Take it as you will. : )

6 comments:

Lynn MacDonald said...

When my girls were little, we bought tshirt dresses and made tough Girly things by using ironons and puffy paints. They loved all their clothing that they helped make. those shirts are cute though.

Debbie said...

What a very clever idea for a business!

Kmama said...

What a fabulous idea!

KLZ said...

If I ever have a girl, I know right where I'm going.

Because I really love dinos.

Liz Mays said...

Now she really hit on something with that idea! Very cute!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! Your little cutie looks great in her snake shirt. :)