Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Are you a baby carrier?

I am! Case in point: Remember this post I wrote about the sling safety issue? Yes, I am a card-carrying babywearer. My babies seem to still want to be attached to me once they are out of the womb. I have tried a lot of carriers in my day, but I have found the hands-down best carrier on the market: the Lillebaby Everywear.



Make sure you read the whole post - you can win one!



Right before Baby B was born, my good friend Erin (you can visit her awesome blog here) sent me the original Everywear as a shower gift. In case you were wondering, Erin and I used to work together at Scandinavian Child where Erin is now Director of Marketing (you go girl!)



When Baby B was born, I found out all about the awesomeness of this carrier. Basically, the construction of the carrier evenly distributes the weight of the child across your back and your hips. You can carry your child front facing inward, front facing out, hip carry, and on your back. With the infant cradle, you can even carry your baby in a cradle type position. Seriously, it is four carriers in one!



I put this carrier to the test when Baby B was four months old and we took our first family trip to Walt Disney World. I literally carried that child all day for three straight days. In every picture of me, I have Baby B on my chest (usually sleeping!) By the end of the day, I was no worse for wear - it is that comfortable!



CIMG0777 



CIMG0834



That tan piece hanging down in the front is the sun shade that I have opened up to try to get her in some pictures.



Knowing how much I loved the original carrier, my totally awesome friend sent me a brand spankin' new Everywear a couple of weeks ago. Living in the south, it gets pretty stinking hot in the summer, so I opted for the Sport version of the Everywear. I honestly didn't think they could improve on the original, but the straps are even more padded and the clasps are easier to connect. The Sport fabric is a mesh type which breathes and also makes it lighter I believe.



CIMG1854CIMG1855



Right now Scandinavian Child is hosting a contest all about getting out and about with your baby. They are GIVING AWAY 50 carriers, yes that's right 50! -to parents/caregivers who can give them a compelling reason why they try it out.



All you have to do is email challenge@scichild.com between now and April 16.  They'll review all the submissions and pick the best 50 emails to receive a FREE carrier.  How awesome is that?



Then, during the month of May, they'll encourage ALL baby wearing (wraps, Bjorns, Ergo, Moby etc) mamas/dadas/grandparents/sitters to log on to IAmEveryWear.com (going live end of April) to share photographs, videos and advice on getting out with baby. Grand prize is the new Micralite Fastfold stroller and two brand new lillebaby diaper bags.



I hope one of my readers win so go check it out!



Erin



Disclaimer: I used to work for Scandinavian Child LLC, but was not compensated in any way for this review (other than the two products that I received even though one was technically a new baby gift.) These are my opinions of the product.

2 comments:

Kmama said...

Very cool. I'm going to send this to my friend who is expecting!!

Unknown said...

I love it! I had a pouch with Isabella..I loved it!

Cute pictures, too, honey!

xo